Reservation request

Reservation request

I'm a newbie. Would appreciate clarification on Reservation Request. This is the way I understand it: If I get a Request I only have 2 choices: Accept or Decline. I believe I can ask the guests questions when Accepting, but if I answer, the guests can go ahead and book - and you're booked!! Even before the guests answers your questions (or doesn't answer at all).  My question: If guest books and I don't like his response, can I get out of it?

7 Replies 7
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Ocean-View-Cottages0 

Request:

You can communicate with the guest for almost 24 hours without accept or decline, but you must  accept or decline within 24 hours.  As soon you accept, you are booked. Or ask the guest to withdraw the request (also within the 24 hours), especially when the guest wants something which does not match with your listing.

Inquiry:

NO obligation to pre-approve or decline, just answer the question.

When pre-approved: guest has opportunity to book, if taken , your booked !

Best regards,

Emiel

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Ocean-View-Cottages0 You'd have to go to Airbnb Customer Service and tell them you're uncomfortable with the guest and ask them to cancel with no penalty to you.

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Ocean-View-Cottages0

Emiel stated the difference between a BOOKING REQUEST and an INQUIRY. To add: When a guest sends a booking request and you accept it, they are automatically confirmed with the click of your mouse. So do not accept the request until you have gotten the 'correct' answers to your questions. If you do not like the answers or they do not respond to you within 24 hours (the clock will be ticking) then click decline. But you HAVE to choose to accept or decline within 24 hours.

Inquires are different and your message counts as your response. The clock will stop ticking once you refresh your screen.

Thanks. One follow up. I understood that the only choices were ACCEPT or DECLINE. And that the acceptance could go with a question. But you're saying that I can ask the questions without either ACCEPT or DECLINE? Thanks.

@Ocean-View-Cottages0  Yes, you can reply to the message in the text box without clicking accept or decline. You probably should always have a quick conservation with your guests before accepting or declining. 

THANK YOU GUYS!!!! That makes me feel a lot better!!!

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Ocean-View-Cottages0  You do have to Accept or Decline within 24 hours, but you have up until then to message with the guest without doing either. Just make sure to either Accept or Decline within 24 hours.