Request to book - do any hosts ask potential guests for more info before accepting their booking

Bev71
Level 2
Farr, United Kingdom

Request to book - do any hosts ask potential guests for more info before accepting their booking

Just wondering if any hosts have a generic message they send to guests who request to book. I find I often get 1 sentance messages from people presuming their booking is confirmed and have given little info about themselves, their other guests etc etc . I’m also thinking of asking guests to confirm they have read all my house rules & the full location description. I have had reviews by guests giving me 4 stars for location,  even though I ask guests to follow my directions, the guests that have followed these arrived without issues, but Had 1 person gave overall 4 star for getting lost with google maps, clearly she didn’t read all my info, another gave the location a 4 and lives about 3 miles away from my listing!! Can’t work that one out at all 🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️

5 Replies 5
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

My initial message to any guest is always to confirm their understanding of my listing, i.e., private room, shared space and dog on premises.  I then ask engaging questions in order to establish some rapport.  I ask them why they are coming, offer my support to make the best of their visit and let them know I will be extablishing a check in time so I can introduce them to my resident dog.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

Linda-And-Richard0
Level 10
San Antonio, TX

Hi @Bev71 With every guest request received, I send a message reminding them our house is a no smoking, no pets, no parties listing and occupancy is limited to 6 persons.  I also ask who will be traveling with them and what brings them to the area  (unless stated in the original request)  and that I am awaiting their reply.  If no response, then I will decline the request before the 24 hour time clock expires. Once I decide to accept a reservation, I let the guest know my husband and I have the pleasure of meeting and greeting all guests at check-in since we live right next door to the listing.

Elisabeth511
Level 1
Dunlop, United Kingdom

How do you contact them before accept/decline

When you get an inquiry through the Air BNB message system, just send a message back to them through the same system.