Remove the amenity "suitable for events"

Bruce75
Level 1
Prince Edward, Canada

Remove the amenity "suitable for events"

Hi Everyone,

Help from an expert would be much appreciated. I have clicked "No" to "Events or parties allowed" under "House Rules" BUT I can't turn off "suitable for events" from showing as an Amenity on my listing. 

Any advice? 

Thanks!!!

Bruce

6 Replies 6
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

Hi, @Bruce75. You seem to have managed it. "Suitable for events" shows as crossed out in your Amenities. I am looking at it from a laptop. What device are you using?

Bruce75
Level 1
Prince Edward, Canada

Hi Lawrene!

I did! I don't know what I did differently other than click and unclick the button but it now shows as crossed off which is great. 

Thank you for your reply - it's nice to know the community is so active! 

Bruce

I am having the same problem with amenties showing "suitable for events" I tried what you did but it is still there. Is there anything else that can be done to get it off my advert?

Hi Lawrene, 

I am having the same problem as Bruce. I can not remove "suitable for events" from my amenties on my listing . I selected no parties or events in amenties and house rule but it is still displaying on my list. Do you have any advice?

We also have this problem.  This must be some sort of glitch on the part of Airbnb - it says no parties or events in our house rules but the amenities advertise "suitable for events" - it is incredibly frustrating.  Please fix it!

Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Brian290  @Althea4

It sometimes takes a while until the listing page updates properly. Occasionally it's taken up to an hour. The funny thing is that my other two language listing pages updated immediately, but the English one took forever (probably the increased traffic there slowing it down).

You could log out, then back in and re-try. Just make sure that your edit page still shows it turned off even if you refresh it.

If the problem isn't solved by one or two hours contact Airbnb.