Real or Scam?

Kylee-and-Clayton0
Level 2
Queensland, Australia

Real or Scam?

Hello.

We just booked this on the Aus airbnb app and wanted to see if people can tell us if it is real or scam?

https://abnb.me/DTzIoNTyxU

Thanks in advance for your help.

3 Replies 3

@Kylee-and-Clayton0 what has made you think that it's a scam? If you've booked through the airbnb app it should be okay, but what has made you uneasy about the booking?

Sandra856
Level 10
Copenhagen, Denmark

Hi @Kylee-and-Clayton0 🙂

If you have booked and paid through airbnb you are secured.

It makes no sense to scam you as you are not paying the host when you book but airbnb.

Airbnb wont pay the host before the day after you check in - it takes even longer for new hosts 30 days or something like that. It means if you show up and the rental isn't there or something else is wrong you just call or contact airbnb and you will get all your money back. So if you pay through airbnb there not really a possibility to scam you. 

If a host ask you to wire money outside the system all your alarm beels should ring and it is most likely a scam. 

Best, Sandra

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Kylee-and-Clayton0   You are guest with 19 reviews so I would think you understand how this platform works.  So, what about this reservation has triggered your concern?  I see this is a new listing with no reviews as yet.