REVIEW SYSTEM

Petra202
Level 2
White River, South Africa

REVIEW SYSTEM

I wish to question the false sense of security I have derived from the airbnb review system. I have always assumed that no bad review of a guest  is a good review but now realize that a guest can travel the World trashing space and behave appallingly and never be called out on the airbnb platform  so long as they do not post a review themselves as both parties must submit a review before reviews go live. ! The review system,  therefore,  is a complete farce. Airbnb need to address this breach.

1 Reply 1
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

But that's not true at all, @Petra202 . Reviews are posted 14 days after the stay whether or not the other party reviews. Within that 14 days, they are not posted until the other party posts, but once the 14 days are over, the reviews go up regardless. 

There are guests who have used Airbnb who have no reviews, but that will be because the host did not review them, or because a review was taken down for a violation. Sometimes a guest will close an old account and start a new one, but that is harder than it sounds. I have had guests try to do it with no success.

Anyway, the thing you are worried about is not a thing that happens.