Purchasing a current AIRBNB home

Purchasing a current AIRBNB home

I am in the process of purchasing a home that has a short term rental unit. Is there a way to transfer the current AIRBNB host account from the old owner to the new owner?

2 Replies 2
Sally221
Level 10
Berkeley, CA

Hi Ken, I think you'd need to start your own account  as a new host unless you are able to be a co host for a while with the previous airbnb host .If you can do that & keep the same furnishings that's a maybe possible. More realistically, you would be starting from scratch- I'd suggest finding  out what the local tax and  other regulations are i your area - there's a deal more oversight these days &  also check out the local market & what might be a realistic rate of return  and what the expected amenities on a short term rental in your town.( Best hint? Don't enable instant book until you get a little experience!) Best of luck, Sally

Sally,

Thank you for the info. I have gotten pretty up speed on the local permit process. I've also negotiated all furnishings with the unit so I will be ready to roll from day 1. I just wish there was an easier process to transfer since I assume this happens all the time.