Problems with Airbnb website

Ben13
Level 2
Sizun, France

Problems with Airbnb website

Hi,

I hope people are able to assist.  I will declare outright that, as a host, I am not a big fan of the Airbnb website as I feel it works better for travellers than for hosts and all of the problems I have experienced in the past with it have either been resolved or I have worked round but now I have 2 issues I can't resolve:

1.  I need to decline a reservation request but the site won't allow me to do this.  I can select 'Decline' on the dashboard enquiry which then goes to the 'Reasons for declining' box which will not allow me to select the 'Decline' button again so, despite having sent a message to the prospective guest and having blocked our calendar, the request remains live.

2.  The 'Availability Settings' option won't scroll down when I try and update my calendar so I can't use the options at the base of the page.

Any thoughts / suggestions would be greatfully appreciated.

Thanks,

Ben

16 Replies 16
Lily4
Level 1
Surfers Paradise, Australia

Yes i am having the same promblem .. i will go directly go  to Airbnb  hopefully theu can assist

Hi Lily,

Sorry to hear you are experiencing the same problem.

Having posted my issue someone, way more technically advanced than me(!), suggested using a different web browser.  I was on MS Internet Explorer when I had the problems.  I used Google Chrome and they seemed to disappear (other browsers are available!!!)  Problem solved - potentailly it is a(nother) MS problem rather than Airbnb.

Worth giving it a try.

Best of luck,

Ben

Tuula0
Level 2
Vantaa, Finland

Could not agree more and share your feeling 100 %.  The site is not compatible with my mobile: can read emails but not access the site to reply when travelling myself.  When I manage to find e.g. a hotel with business center they will deny access because of wrong IP!  Do Airbnb managers ever travel themselves?  I often travel in the wilderness with no net or then in areas with an alphabe other than Latin (Hebrew, Russian, Arabic, Japanese, Chinese) the site opens in these letters and cannot make head or tail of it.

Patricia68
Level 2
Perth, Australia

Today I have the same problem of not being able to decline an inquiry.  I Pre-approved this booking and now she has decided to book into a 5 star hotel so I went about to decline but couldn't find anywhere to do this or does it just expire after 24 hours, in the meantime my calendar is blocked.   Airbnb de-listed my 3 properties last week, so will this happen again??  I think I will go to the calendar and try unblocking myself.   Thanks everyone.

Roslie-Ann0
Level 1
Port Angeles, WA

Set the rules before they come.  If they break them, they remove themselves with no refund!

Aminata1
Level 1
The Hague, Netherlands

Hello Ben,

I had the same problem with declining, that does not work.  Even worse, the person who is wanting to book, cannot do it now because she is still "linked" to my page.

Question: How can I reach Airbnb for help?

Before this version, it was possible to chat directly to Airbnb, but I cannot find that option anymore.

In the mean time let's enjoy the bnefits of Airbnb as well.

Aminata, nice quiet room in the city center, Den Haag

Caroline215
Level 1
Lewes, United Kingdom

I'm having same problems. Can someone tell me how to contact airbnb! 

Go to help , and call them , the message support must be billed out to a country that can only send Pre set responses ,because they have no help for you , or any understanding of what your talking about , there answers don't even match my questions , 

Muy0
Level 2
Phuket, TH

It's like Airbnb have dropped the ball , everything is going wrong , I host for a heap of owners , there not getting payments , there not able to access bookings , I cannot change a booking to alter nights when guests are wanting to stay more nights , my life is a nightmare at the moment and it's all because of air bnb technical issues and trying to speck to there support team is like banging my head against a wall , they don't listen they don't understand and they never have an answer or a fix and then they close the case , I have been using Airbnb for hosting for a year now and love it , but now I'm considering my options,it's too much of a headache and no one seems to care. Anyone got any advise of how I skip talking to the first grade of Airbnb support to fix my issues , they must be on commition or something for how Manny cases they can close off.

Raphael238
Level 2
Paris, FR

Hello I have had trouble with the Airbnb website because it will not let me accept the Airbnb community guidelines as the message  keeps popping up that there is a problem and to try again. I cannot access the website...

Ingrid541
Level 1
Geetbets, BE

same here

Mitchell74
Level 2
Cork, Ireland

@Mitchell74 @Ingrid541 @Raphael238 

Sitewide glitch. A workaround that has worked for some is going directly to 

https://www.airbnb.com/hosting"

Do not press decline. This has led to some host accounts being cancelled. 

Manuel3922
Level 2
M, Germany

I have no explanation how the website can be so extremely bad. The airbnb website for mobile devices is a school student exercise or there is no interest from Airbnb to fix it. Since years have so many bugs that is a nightmare to try to do something in it. Three days ago I could not decline a booking and now I am not able to see the calendar at all. It is a pity because the platform is really good.