Problem in Payout

Vong0
Level 2
Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Problem in Payout

Hi Community,

Glad to start the conversation!

I am Vong, host a space in Cambodia, Phnom Penh. My listing is "Mansion 51 Hotel & Apartment" and i been hosting for nearly a year. Recently, I got a problem regards to payout. I got lots of transactions successfully paid out since beginning till now. Yet, there is a transaction of which amount have never showed up in my bank account, while others have. I got alert from airbnb that "this transaction is paid out on 01/19/2017 and should arrive into account on 01/26/2017". I been trying to contact airbnb by both email and phone, yet never got any reply. I don't like the way they do by provide us phone number, yet never pick up. 

Please give me some ideas on this and if you experience the same of mine. Really appreciate for your sharing.

All the best, Vong

6 Replies 6

Hello! I am Soryda, a new host of a flat in Phnom Penh. For my first transaction, I chose wire transfer for my payout method, it costed very expensive bank charge. Could you please advice which option has the cheapest bank charge? Western Union or Pionner debit card? Thanks in idvance!

Vong0
Level 2
Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Hi Ryda,

I am happy to share some experience.

1. Wire bank transfer costs ways too expensive. You have to choose the minimum payout that is suitable enough for you. Normally, it costs around $20 - $35 per transaction. For me, i choose the minimum payout at $700 for Wire Bank Transfer.

2. Western Union is cheaper. It costs you only $10 per transaction. You could even also set the minimum payout. However, you have to set your profile that matches to your id card because Western Union will require your id card to verify.

3. For Payoneer, i have never experienced it yet. BUT i have some sense of it. This might be a better choice if you are not hosting as a company. Payoneer will send you a real debit ATM card and you can use it to withdraw money from any ATMs. The only fee you need to pay is just the ATM fee, something around 2% per transaction ($5 minimum). Tips: do not check your Payoneer account balance via ATM because they will charge you fees.

In all, for me, as i host for a company, the Wire Transfer is the best choice for me because i do not have control over my owner bank account.

Hope this will help. Cheers, Vong Vannak Rith

Hi Rith! Thanks alot for your response! Great help! I think Payonner should be good choice for non company host. Have a good day!

Soryda

Hi Rith, 

Hope you are doing good! I'd like to come back for this discussion again. I tried Payonner debit card withdrawal, the charge is more than 3% and its not controllable, while the ATM says one amount, the payonner transaction says differently...not reliable as we dont know who charge what. Have you experienced Western Union? Can we combine few payouts into one transaction? So that we pay only one time, or this need to be one payout one transition? 

Thanks in advance for your response 

Best wishes, 

Soryda

Vong0
Level 2
Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Hi Soryda,

If you find too much troubles with Payonner, you can try the other 2: Western Union or Bank Transfer. Because there are fees in all these payment methods, i recommend you to put a minimum payout. This means you combine more than one bookings to be sent as a transaction. For example: if you set the minimum payout $1000 and you got a booking with revenue of $500, then Airbnb will keep the transaction pending until another booking arrive so that it could send out to you $1000. Simple as that! Nobody sends out money from each of every booking received because the transaction fee is too expensive.

If you think you need more help, you can contact me at**, available for Telegram, Line, WhatsApp. I am happy to share what i know.

I do hope this helps!

Cheers, Rith

**[Phone number hidden due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines]

Hi Rith,

Thanks a lot for your useful response ! I will try Western Union for next booking, feeling like the fee was charged uncontrollably so far and when I asked them both Airbnb and Payonner, none of them provided satisfied answers....Thank you again for providing me the contact, I will reach out to you if i still have question.

Best  wishes and have a good day!

Soryda