Private feedback from guest was inaccurate, how do I correct that? Airbnb stated the guest got inacc

Private feedback from guest was inaccurate, how do I correct that? Airbnb stated the guest got inacc

Our site clearly stated that wifi was in the clubhouse, guest complained that the listing was inaccurate because it mentioned wifi available and it was not in the accomodations here is what the listing said..."Miles of Assateague Beach, shopping in Chincoteague. Resort has Olympic swimming pool, kiddie pool, Nature trail, entertainment on most weekends, mini golf etc. Wifi at the club house."

They also stated not good directions and check in process. The guest found their own way there with the address provided and directions were not asked or provided, guest was shown all aspects of the location, the interior of the accomodations, exterior and all questions were answered etc...How do we rebutt this information?

4 Replies 4
Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

@Jennifer52  If it was just in the private feedback, what does it matter?  You could send your guest a message to correct them if you'd like.

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Jennifer52  The guest has done you a favor by providing private feedback.  Rather than refuting it, try to use the information to see if there is anything you could tweak in your listing description.  I think it is helpful to be a guest in your own listing and see how it works.

What my concern is Airbnb staes that my customer had issues with the wifi, so is Airbnb going to penalize me because of the guest not reading the description I had in my ad? They gave me four stars instead of five because they did not read that wifi was provided only in the club house and not at the cottage they stayed at..

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Jennifer52  If you look at the definition of wireless internet under amenities by hovering on the question mark next to the lable, you will see "continuous access in the listing".  Having WiFi available in the Club House is not the same and you should consider removing this from your amenity listing.  Many people count on WiFi to save on their data plan with their phone and this amenity is a searchable criteria.  You could continue to get negative response from this issue.  You could highlight that it is available close by as opposed to having to go to a coffee shop.