Pre-approval

Dana-and-Vance0
Level 2
Jacksonville, FL

Pre-approval

When I send out a pre-approval does it send the payment plan or breakdown to the guest?   If now, how do I do that?  

I put my house on airbnb yesterday and already have 4 requests . . . just want to make sure I do all this correctly.

4 Replies 4
Wendy-and-Frank0
Level 10
Stonington, CT

Once you pre-approve, you don't have to do anything except wait.  ABB will send the guest all the figures it needs.

After 24 hours, the pre-approval ends.

If you haven't done so already, please, please, please go read about the cancellation policy and why YOU should never cancel.  It's the best information you'll have.

Best way to reach ABB is via Twitter.

Congratulations on such a strong start!  You're on your way to SuperHost status.  I can feel it in my bones!

Wendy-and-Frank0
Level 10
Stonington, CT

Also, @Dana-and-Vance0, your house rules are a little weak.

Indicate what the pet fee is in dollar amount and indicate the pets you allow.  Someone will show up with a monkey.  Not kidding.

Do you have rules about noise?  Quiet time?  If not, your neighbors may be in for a real treat if ten people staying at your house throw a party.

I can't tell if you're close to the water, but if you are, and sand is an issue, you may want a rule about guests rinsing off before entering the house.  Your beautiful floors will appreciate it.

Read about deposits and ABB.  It is almost impossible to collect money for damages from guests.

Browse the forums and browse other people's listings.  You'll get a very good sense about how to write yours up to better protect you.

THANK YOU for the great information!!!  What do you suggest for a pet fee per day?  Or is it just best not to allow pets?

I wouldn't do a pet fee if there's a cleaning fee, but then again, I have enough with my own two doggies so I don't allow pets at all.

In my state, if I allow a guest to bring a cat or dog, I have to get proof of vaccines so find out if you have to do that in Florida.

List in your house rules who's going to clean up the poop in the yard.

Provide doggie bags or a pooper scooper.

If it's a cat, is the litter box going to be in the house?  Is the smell of ammonia going to leave with the cat?

You see where I'm going with this....  pets are sweet and cute.  Until it's time to clean up!