Payouts via PayPal

Kim-And-Mike0
Level 1
Saanichton, Canada

Payouts via PayPal

I’m a new host and have chosen to have my payouts sent to me via PayPal. I have had confirmation from Air bnb that my first payout has been released to PayPal and for the last week I feel that I have been getting the runaround from PayPal.

i have added my bank account and had it verified by reporting the 2 small deposit amounts to my bank account then I tried to have the money in PayPal transfered to my bank. The PayPal site just keeps telling me that there is a problem verifying my account. After a phone call to them they confirmed that yes everything was verified and the withdrawal limit was lifted but that I would need to wait 24 hours before trying to transfer. I waited 26 hours and the site will still not allow me to complete the request for withdrawing my money and again I spoke with a supervisor at PayPal and being told I will need to try again in another 24 hours.

has anyone else had a similar problem with PayPal and if so how did you fix things?

air bnb were not able to help when I called the help line.

Kim

3 Replies 3
Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Kim-And-Mike0  No this a PayPal issue. Do you by chance have mutiple accounts at the same bank like a savings and checking? This can cause issues I learned first hand with verifications and PayPal's internal issues. Good thing is though once it's straightened out it's a permanent fix. 

Kim-And-Mike0
Level 1
Saanichton, Canada

Thanks Letti

i do have a few accounts nets but only one with a he number that I gave PayPal and I did verify their 2 deposit amounts

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

Hi, @Kim-And-Mike0, it is definitely a Paypal thing, not an Airbnb thing. But I can tell you that withdrawals (transfers to the bank) from Paypal have not worked for me via laptop for a few months. I had to download the Paypal app to my phone in order to be able to withdraw. The app works like a charm. Try that and see whether you can get it to work.