Payments

Veronica551
Level 1
New York, NY

Payments

Hey:

I've been hosting for over three years and wonder is anyone is miffed by the break in payout  for long term hosting. Guests arrive on March 1 and are due to leave on April 23.  A proportionate amount was paid out on March 6.  The second bit for April will not hit my account until April 9. Does that sound right/ just  to you, especially when most bills are due on the first of each month? Why the huge break and delay, since there is no break in my service to the guests?

What do you think?

Many Thanks,

Veronica 

2 Replies 2
Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

@Veronica551  

Guests pay in advance and utility bills arrive in arrears 

You got paid in advance on the 6th March for the month, the utility bills generated by this stay don't come in until April, so why haven't you saved some of the payout to cover the bills.

Your guests April payout when its released is to pay for bills generated by the guests during their stay in April and you don't get this utility bill until May, part of the payout shoud be saved to pay this bill.

You appear to expect the current guests payment to cover the cost of utility bills for the previous month, this could leave you with no money to pay bills if you have a drop in bookings.

@Veronica551 

I host long-term as well but I'm not sure what you think is problematic about payout methods. Payouts for long-term bookings  have always been issued monthly based on the date of check-in, with the payout showing up a few days (usually 3~5 business days) after in the host's account. 

Not sure if this is how it's done in your country but in Korea.... gas, electricity and utilities "used" in March (from 1st to last day of each month) are usually measured then a bill issued sometime between April 10~15, and due by end of month or early May so I'm afraid I don't get your point.