Only want availability 3 months in advance but always only on weekends

Jacquie32
Level 2
Victoria, CA

Only want availability 3 months in advance but always only on weekends

I manage a condo where the owner is gone every weekend. We discussed and for personal reasons he only wants the place available to book 3 months in advance. 

Is there a way that will only open up specific days of the week? Right now I am having to go in and block the weekdays as they roll in to availability everyday. I’m concerned I will forget and then get a booking midweek which I will then have to cancel. 

I want to be able to say, only make Thursday-Monday available unless I manually unblock it. 

Anyone know if this is possible?

7 Replies 7
Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Jacquie32 In your listing, go to availability, scroll down to check-in and check out, click Edit, and you'll see this.  

If you want people to come Friday - Sunday, I guess you'd have it that they can't check in Sunday - Thursday, and they can't check out Monday - Friday.  Does that make sense?

Screenshot 2019-04-21 01.03.05.png

Yes it does! Thanks so much. 

For the benefit of anyone else trying to do this I’ll explain what I’ve found out. 

The tool @Ann72 lists is correct. I definitely restricted the days that people are allowed to check in on. Unfortunately this doesn’t limit the days they can check out on, so for instance if someone books checking in on Sunday they could still end up booking a day that I should have blocked. You are able to set minimum night requirements by day but not maximum. 

The only way I could safely limit my bookings is to have a minimum stay of 4 nights with check in only on Thursday and a maximum of 4 nights stay overall. This is what I’ve set for peak season as the condo will easily book. Unfortunately I don’t want to limit myself to this in off season where bookings that long will be harder to get. 

I will manually have to block off days of the week in the off season. 

Should have clarified that this was confirmed by Airbnb support. 

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Jacquie32 

You need to use rulesets, they have all the options. But is only available when using the muliticalender: https://www.airbnb.com/multicalendar

Stefano676
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

thank you, I was just looking for this too!

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Jacquie32 Well, that is downright maddening!  Thanks for following up.