Noise Complaints from Neighbour

Ken79
Level 2
Wexford, Ireland

Noise Complaints from Neighbour

Hi 

We are relatively new to hosting and have an issue I posted about recently.

Our first guests broke our house rules and were noisy late at night which annoyed my next door neighbour.

We apologised to the neighbour immediately and tried to explain that this would not happen again as we would be extra vigilant in vetting future guests. Our neighbour was insistent that we stop hosting. He then put up a sign in his garden saying " You are not welcome AirBNB".

We have had two sets of guests since then who were very happy with their stay and no issue.

We now have guests who have booked stays of 14 days and over 60 days respectively. Up to now I have explained the situation with the neighbour to guests on their arrival.

My question is should I now message my guests who are visiting in April warning them about the sign or should I wait to explain in person.

Obviously I dont want guests to cancel. 

Thanks in advance

4 Replies 4
Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

I wouldnt definitely wait until they arrive - its something much more understandable in person versus through message.

Thanks Cynthia 

I just didnt want to be economical with the truth but I agree with you - thanks for your advice

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Ken79

I would tell my guests to read my house rules (where Is written: no party, no visitors, quite time etc...)

When they arrive I would tell them that my neighbour is against Airbnb and therefore it is very important that they do not party or be noisy during their stay or my neighbour will call the police and make a big problem to all of us. 

Good advise thank you - its a tricky situation that I dont want to make worse !!

Cheers