No payment received

Teresa13
Level 1
Plettenberg Bay, South Africa

No payment received

HI All

I had 3 guests stay with me one night in Feb and while they booked the site said the payment was pending. The guests told me the payment had gone through when they left me but I have not received any payment and their booking now shows as canceled!

Please assist!

2 Replies 2
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Teresa13, Ouch! Was this a same day reservation?  Another host commented that there was a scam going around where people make a reservation request the same day they want to stay knowing that Airbnb will take hours (up to 24) to try to resolve payment issues.  Sounds like your guests took advantage of that time frame with no intention of paying. 

The moral of the story is that you should never accept guests' assurances that  payments have been made and never allow access until Airbnb has confirmed the reservation which means the payment was successful.

You should contact Airbnb and let them know this happened.  Maybe they can ultimately collect on the payment, but probably not.  In any case, they can remove the user from the site.  

So sorry that this happened to you! 

does anyone know how to contact airbnb?  we have not received payment yet and it's been over 24 hours since guests checked in.  An email or phone number would be great.

Thanks.