Nightly price and extra person

Jessica1531
Level 2
Otago, New Zealand

Nightly price and extra person

Hi everyone,

Just had 3 people book a room that's catered for 2people only, I did put an extra person charge but didn't seem to apply, how do I make sure the extra charge is added on? Or the guest has to select a setting when they make reservations?

Also, I'm on set night rate, seems like they were booked on the cheaper rate automatically?

Thank you all

3 Replies 3
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Jessica1531 

You have 2 listings active.

I assume your question is about this one: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/38439032

Max amount of guest is set to 2 and there is no extra charge set for the second person.

If a third person is staying, it can not be charged within the booking form of listing, unless you change max. of guests to 3 (and mention also sleeping facilities for third person) AND add the extra fee for additional guests after the 2nd guest.

After that you can try to change the reservation ("change" option)

Otherwise you need to charge the guest for the extra money via resolution centre.

Hope this helps,

Emiel

Thanks Emiel that's great, made changes accordingly.

Still am a little puzzled about the booking came in at a slightly lower rate than I'd set, got smart pricing turned off already,

Regards

Jessica

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Jessica1531 

I noticed your listing now says: 6 guests and is charging extra after the 2nd guest.

But sleeping arrangements still show 1 bedroom, 1 bed.

So all 6 guests will end up in one queen bed ?  ;>)

Pricing:

The listing shows $95,- per night and $108,- (weekend)  per night for first 2 guests. Your earnings are decreased by the Airbnb Host Service fee.