My Guest was under charged

Bill-And-Sharon0
Level 1
Ontario, Canada

My Guest was under charged

My guests are being charged by Airbnb for only 2 nights. They are staying for 3. How do I get my additional money?

Sharon

[Personal Information Hidden]

4 Replies 4
Bill-And-Sharon0
Level 1
Ontario, Canada

is there a number i can call

@Bill-And-Sharon0

Either you ar your guest can get onto your site, look under "my trips" or "my reservations" and enter a request for a change of details on the reservation.

https://www.airbnb.com.au/help/article/50/can-i-change-a-reservation-as-a-host?topic=232

There is loads of information in the drop down menus via the HELP button.

This is not something that you should need to call Airbnb about. It just a matter of spending regular time reading the how to guides. Bit by bit you learn how to enter these transactions. For today you have a link/short cut to the Airbnb instructions.

Can I change a reservation as a host?

If you need to make a change to a confirmed reservation, you can submit a change request to your guest.

Change a reservation
  1. Go to Your Reservations on airbnb.com.
  2. Click Change or Cancel next to the reservation you want to change.
  3. Choose Change Reservation.
  4. Click Submit Alteration.
  5. If the guest accepts your request, the reservation will be updated and they'll be charged or refunded if necessary. If the request is declined or you don’t receive a response, the reservation will stay the same.

There are a couple of other things to know about submitting change requests:

• Your chosen cancellation policy will apply based on the new dates.
  • If the dates of the reservation have already passed, you can’t make any changes to the reservation.
  • If you want to change the details of your requested changes, you’ll have to repeat the steps above and remove your request, and then submit a new one.
  • If you changed your pricing, the new reservation will reflect this pricing if your change request is accepted.
  • To request additional funds from your guest, you can do so directly from the Resolutions Center.

I hope this is helpful to you.

Regards, Christine. 

Thank you, Christine. Very Helpful. Is there a phone# we can call if needed

There is phone number/s @Bill-And-Sharon0,

But I am confident that you will be able to navigate this transaction.

If it helps, then have two window/tabs open and follow the instructions in one as you enter the details on your site from the other window.

Or copy and paste the instructions onto an electronic doc. and use them as your guide as you have a go at following them.

I am soooo-o not tech savvy, and while I lack confidence as Iattempt these things, I step through carefully and usually manage.

It can be timeconsuming on early attempts, but eventually you will develop the confidence and technique for each transaction. After the first couple of times, it's only a moment or two from then on.

If Every host were to phone the AirBnb helpline for assistance/coaching in these things, then the phone lines will be clogged. Problem situations will take longer to be resolved.

I suspect that is currently going on already. Hence the current number of hosts with problems who are expressing frustration at wait times.

Here in the forums we can assist each other and keep our overheads down.

Otherwise in the long run, you will see your Airbnb fees going up or joining fees coming in and nobody really wants either of those things do we?

Write back and let us know how you get on with this and anything handy you learnt along the way. 

We all appreciate constructive feedback.

Best regards, Christine.