Modify Stay

Dalila40
Level 1
Quinby, SC

Modify Stay

Good afternoon,

I tried to modify my stay with my host Brian and he has told me I need to cancel my entire stay. I send the modified dates and he insist I cancel my reservation. 

Attempting to try to cancel my reservation, I would lose my entire amount instead of modifying my stay for a shorter time due to my work schedule.

3 Replies 3
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Dalila40 

Shortening a stay will probably lead to some refund for you. Some hosts do not like this. But they can not oblige you to cancel. So you could ask Airbnb for advise, depending on the situation (is it a long term stay ? How many nights shortening on total amount of nights etc..)

best regards,

Emiel

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Emiel1 @Dalila40 yes, the host can't force you to cancel. But he also is not required to accept a modification request. So if he doesn't want to accept the modification request, then your choices are to keep the entire stay or cancel it.

Lisa1831
Level 5
New York, NY

@Dalila40

The host is not required to change the dates. Likewise, you are not required to cancel. As @Emiel1 @Lisa723 also noted.

If you would loose the entire amount if you cancel maybe you could just leave early or arrive later .

How many days is the original stay and how many days do you want to remove from the booking?