Locked key safe

Livija1
Level 1
Vilnius, Lithuania

Locked key safe

Hello,
I'm a newbie. My start is not very successful ... 🙂 I had a key safe. This is very convenient because customers can settle themselves without meeting me in person. But today my customers have locked out the safe and I can't open it. Customers said they haven't changed the code, but I could not unlock the safe. How to deal with this situation? I do not ask for a deposit from clients.

10 Replies 10
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Livija1 

It is a feature you provide and it should work "foolproof"(!). So if for some reason it does not work that way, then  sooner or later you  will have same trouble again. Unless you can clearly proof the guest damaged it or used it without normal common sense in a totally wrong way, IMHO it is a situation you have to deal with as being "part of the hosting business".

Best regards,

Emiel

Mary274
Level 2
Mendocino, CA

I had the same think happen!  Not only can't get the box open, but can't get the box off the wall to replace it with a new one.

Ute42
Level 10
Germany

@Livija1, @Mary274 

You need an angle grinder to cut the box off the wall.

Get Yourself a Bosch, its good german quality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQRBtn1Bp6w

Thanks!

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I have had the same lock box for about six years, and have never had a problem with the code and removed it from the wall twice, when I moved properties.

Your lock box should have a function where you can reset the code, if there is a problem.

Have a look at your instructions before taking drastic action with an angle grinder 🙂

Susie111
Level 10
Tasmania, Australia

@Ute42 

Great having you back!

Yes, I totally agree german quality is the way too go ;-D

Our family are huge fan of everything "made german" except cars 😄

Are you still on Airbnb?

@Susie111 

Having You back? I've never been away!

Of course I'm still on airbnb.

Susie111
Level 10
Tasmania, Australia

@Ute42  That's great 🙂

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Livija1  Did you try spraying some WD40 in it? Sometimes things just get rusty inside or have some dirt build-up that prevents it from working properly. Be a good idea to do that from time to time to keep it working smooth. 

Livija1
Level 1
Vilnius, Lithuania

Thank you very much for all your speeches and thoughts! 🙂 It was helpful.

Livija