Is this person working for Airbnb?

Answered!

Is this person working for Airbnb?

I received a mail from him asking for authorization using our outside photo of our home : 

Anousak Khammao

EMEA Host Outreach POC

Dublin

Thanks a lot

Emmanuella 

1 Best Answer
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Emmanuella0 

This is a community of hosts, so we generally do not know who is working at Airbnb.

You can google the name (I found find at least one person in Ireland with this name).

Emails from Airbnb :

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/971/how-do-i-know-if-an-email-is-really-from-airbnb

Best regards,

Emiel

View Best Answer in original post

10 Replies 10
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Emmanuella0 

This is a community of hosts, so we generally do not know who is working at Airbnb.

You can google the name (I found find at least one person in Ireland with this name).

Emails from Airbnb :

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/971/how-do-i-know-if-an-email-is-really-from-airbnb

Best regards,

Emiel

Pauline362
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Hi I have just received a email from the same person asking to video my home i can not find out if this is a genuine email ? How would I find this out any help appreciated I have googled the name with nothing to answer if it’s genuine ?

many thanks

pauline

Mark1499
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Same here. Wants to video my home. Is he legit?
Mark1499
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Having looked into this a bit more I think it is a scam. Don't click on any in built links in the email and don't give any personal info just in case.

Same here. 

Hilary138
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

I’ve received the same email and decided to not reply. He is asking me to reply via email which is also not the norm for Airbnb. In my judgement, definitely a scam!

Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

It is definitely a scam. Why would Airbnb want a video or any pictures from your home. There are pictures on your account and if they need more a suggestion will show up on your Airbnb profile and not e-mail. 

Anna2204
Level 1
Switzerland

Hi all, I've also received an e-mail from this person. He claims he wants to use our listing images (only external shots) for promoting the unique listings in the countryside where we are. I've been sent a dubious looking image release form where one of the points asks for my ID / passport number.

I've contacted someone I know at airBnB in London and asked her to forward my enquiry to airBnB Ireland team. If I get any response from them, I'll post the outcome here.

Anna2204
Level 1
Switzerland

Hi all, just received this message from a lady at Communications in London (a trustful source): I just looked Anousak up in our system and can confirm that he's based in our Dublin office. Let me know if I can help out with anything else! - Hope this helps. Best wishes, Anna

@Anna2204 

What is the Airbnb email address used in the communication, purported to be from Anousak?  It seems rather odd that such sensitive personal information as your ID/passprt number, would be required in instances like this.