Is there a way to search listings by home type (treehouse/lake house/tent, etc)?

Hilary-And-Ed0
Level 10
Brookline, MA

Is there a way to search listings by home type (treehouse/lake house/tent, etc)?

I would love to be able to plan a vacation, say, by looking at lake houses in New Hampshire, or maybe find a treehouse and plan a trip around that place.  Does anyone have an idea how I would go about doing this?  It seems like a logical feature.  Similarly, I have noticed that the experiences are only by type.  I could imagine that I might have a destination, and then search for some cool experiences to participate in during the stay.  I had read an interview somewhere on the website that that was sort of the idea behind the "places" option. He mentioned that people wouldn't go to a treehouse because it is in a particular location, but because it is a treehouse. This is what I mean, but I can not figure out how to apply what he (I forget who) said to the actual search in the website.

4 Replies 4
Lilian20
Level 10
Argelès-sur-Mer, France

Very good question @Hilary-And-Ed0 me too, i would like to stay in a tree house.

You can search for anything in airbnb, just type what you need in the search form.

The link you are really looking for is here : https://www.airbnb.com/s/United-States?type=treehouse 

You can also move the map or try other search queries..

Like these tips ? Add my listings to your favorites :  https://www.airbnb.fr/s?host_id=29330043 

i think in my area there plenty of people that love this kinda thing ! scotty adams !

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

I find the best way right now to search for anything at all Airbnb-related is not to use the internal search bars, @Hilary-And-Ed0, but to turn to google. For some reason, searching within Airbnb lately has become Kafkaesque. 

For instance I type 

airbnb canada treehouse

into google, and that shows the "Top 20" treehouses in my country. Or 

airbnb ontario treehouse

if I want to be more specific.

You could try that for the states or provinces you are looking to visit. 

Try the same with experiences. 

Hope that helps. 

That is helpful, thanks!  I guess that will have to be the best system for now.  It seems to me that there should be a system within airbnb that would work.  Just other ytpes of filters and key terms.  I would imagine that in time the company will figure that out and get around to it.

Thanks again! 🙂