Is Airbnb neglecting the host

Baligetawayhome0
Level 2
Bali, Indonesia

Is Airbnb neglecting the host

Seems since 2019 airbnb is ignoring msg from host if they need help but are quick on answering guests issues.made a test and I got a reply within 4days (way to late and solved the issue at the end myself) I had my friend book in and contact airbnb as a test he got a reply within 5min.

we as host specially superhosts go out of our ways to make the guests stay as amazing as possible but we get nothing in return from airbnb if we need help. Aren’t we helping them earn money? Shouldn’t they be concerned if a host has a issue? we follow all their rules and get nothing in return. The last years I was very please with how responsive airbnb and how helpful the support team was but 2019 everything changed. 

What are you suggestion as other host what to do? Are they now better plattform similar to airbnb as I’m about to quit it as superhost as we invest get out of our way etc and just get screwed over and over from airbnb.

just my feeling... like to get some inputs of other hosts/superhosts.

4 Replies 4
Baligetawayhome0
Level 2
Bali, Indonesia

New to the forum and a bit frutstrated. Also not sure why my previous post got deleted it’s the third time I wrote this.appologise incase there 3 of the same posts.

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Baligetawayhome0 

it seems it depends on the office that is in charge of your area.  The office in Ireland is in charge for Croatia and I was always connected with some CS rep within minutes. When I used Twitter I got the response usually within an hour or so. ( I am the host)

Yeah before I was always impressed they got back to me within minutes and now it’s days to a week. And for some reasons guest get answers in minutes. It’s frustrating why if there is for onca real issue? I’ve been with Airbnb 2 years and always had amazing support but since January this year the support is lacking and makes me worried. It’s well known I guess that Airbnb favours guests but at least I always had a responds I needed. But will def look into the area of our support again. And also contacted them incase I was doing something wrong why they might not get back to me but I couldn’t say what that would be as I never had a dispirit with Airbnb or any guest if their was a complain for refund we where always reasonable on the matter as things can happen from guest travel plans to little tiny house issues.

but at least we as host got a responds from Airbnb.

Cormac0
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Baligetawayhome0 

Its simple Guests generate income while host are ten for a penny and essentially have become cannon-fodder, if you leave the Airbnb platform there’s ten hosts to take your place.

Don’t believe the Airbnb BS **bleep** and propaganda about community, it the same stunt the communist regimes used to placate the people while they were exploiting them for their own ends.

Twenty percent of Airbnb hosts do extremely well on the platform, and you’ll read them eulogising about how good Airbnb is, the other eighty percent aka cannon-fodder not so much.