Instant booked a place, host says he cannot confirm the place will be available because he is waitin

Sophia36
Level 1
Vancouver, Canada

Instant booked a place, host says he cannot confirm the place will be available because he is waitin

So I Instant booked a place but the host answered he was waiting for someone else that wanted to book the place for several months and that he couldnt confirm my reservation, even though it is already paid in the instant booking. I asked how long did I had to wait for a confirmation because as the date approaches, rooms options are going away, we are attending a wedding in a small wedding destination town and there are 3 weddings that day. He said he would have an answer 2 weeks later. So I couldnt risk it and booked a hotel, and asked kindly to the host to cancel the reservation so that I could get a full refund because he has strict cancellation policy... I añready wrote twice in 3 days, and I am not getting any answers. Can Airbnb help me, see the conversation exchange and make him refund me and not wait until the time he wants to say sorry, you already booked it and at the end it is available if you want to cancel, you'll lose you're money.. Any advice?

6 Replies 6
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

@Sophia36, your best bet for getting this resolved will be to tweet AirbnbHelp on Twitter. I think you have a very good case. Your host should not be using Instant Book if this is how he is doing his scheduling. That is not your fault. Hope it gets sorted. Will you let us know? 

(If you don't have a Twitter account, it might be worth setting one up just for this.)

I agree. That is not right for him to do that. He should have had those dates blocked so they looked as if they were not avaialbe. 

Red3
Level 2
Miami, FL

Im a host myself and I agree u have a good case. I would never treat my guest like this. Best of luck! Every time I contacted resolution center they were fair. 

Elena87
Level 10
СПБ, Russia

Give airbnb adviser a call, the host is out of order.

1-855-424-7262 for Canada

Evalyn1
Level 2
Baltimore, MD

This is APPALLING behavior on the part of the Host! He shouldn't be on Instant Book with this kind of attitude. Call AND write for full refund. Airbnb always fair; might take a little time but you should get 100% of your money back.

@Sophia36, and be sure to report the host. You can do this by clicking on the small flag icon near the profile picture.