Inquiries versus pending reservations

Kassi0
Level 1
Seagrove Beach, FL

Inquiries versus pending reservations

Hi! I'm new to hosting on Airbnb and I need some help figuring out how this works. This morning I had 2 requests for the same dates within 10 minutes of each other. I want to honor the first lady, but hers is only showing as an "inquiry" and I only got a message from her asking if the dates were available (they should have shown available on the calendar). The second person actually showed up as a "pending reservation" that I could accept or decline. I let the first lady know that it was available and she confirmed she wanted it, but now how do I make sure she gets it? Do I need to decline second person's "pending reservation" so that it opens it up for her to book? Or, can she still click "Request to Book" on her end for those dates and have me accept it? I'm trying to be fair but also trying to make sure I do this correctly! I should mention my settings are that I have to approve before booking. The lady just messaged again that she is also new to this. Maybe she just needs to go back and select "request to book"....? I just don't know if that will still show up if there is one pending...?

Thanks!

Kassi

1 Reply 1

I approved someone but they haven't paid yet. Meanwhile someone else wants to book. I have had people cancel so now I want whoever pays to stay instead of inquire and then cancel later tonight. What should I do?