I would love some feedback.

August2
Level 2
Orlando, FL

I would love some feedback.

I am a first time Host and I am booked for the next 2-3 weeks. I am currently hosting my first guest and it is going well. Please take a look at my listing and let me know what you think. I am eager to get some feedback. Thanks a bunch!

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/13174717

21 Replies 21
Linda0
Level 10
Spring, TX

August - Your place is very very attractive apartment and guest space is at a very low price.  After you get about 3 reviews you should definitely arise the price to $42 at least otherwise you will be losting money with all the amenities you offer and breakfast.

Linda- Thank you for the feedback.

When guests arrive, they are given a welcome packet of maps, coupons to attractions and dining, as well as information for the metro system, bus system, and taxi. I try and ensure they are comforatable and happy, even though they don't really talk much, they appear to be smiling and happy.

I do offer the breakfast from 6-10am on a complementary scale.

My hope is that it feels as warm and comforatable as possible, but gives them a true hotel style feeling and similar accomodation.

I am waiting on my first reviews before I raise the price, however, will a higher price scare off potential guests?

Your place is so beautiful I don't think the rise in price will scare anyone off at all.  Plus with all your amenities, it will alway be a bargain if under $65.00.  Your breakfast ad looks awesome, very upscale!  Let us know how the review goes, I know it will be wonderful.  Most of my guest as quiet also and likes their "privacy" so don't worry about that.

I see that you are a super host so feedback from you is greatly appreciated. I would love he chance to speak to you and ask questions. Is there a way to message you in private?

Yes, I sent you a private message sof you can respond to it.

Hi Linda.

I'm looking for your private message but I don't see it in my message box. Where would I find the private message?

C-C0
Level 10
Memphis, TN

August, you seem like an extremely nice person, but you look terrified in your profile pic. Don't you have a smiling one? Guests want to feel like they're in good hands.

C C, that's an easy change. Thank you for expressing your view. However, I would like to get feedback on my listing :).

Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@August2

Profile pics are not as unconnected to listings as one might tend to think.

A recent survey(I didn't save the link unfortunately) showed that many guests tend to link their trust more easily to a host that seems friendly. The interviewed participants were shown different host profile pictures and asked in how far they were drawn to booking on the basis of the faces and their expressions.

Well, the survey proved that 'attractive' created more trust or willingness to trust,  but then 'attractive' expands psychologically to a friendly-looking face with a genuine smile.

Whether that is all a real influencial matter or not aside, I actually had a similar thought as @C-C0 when I saw your profile.

Shower future guests with personal sunshine  on your listing page and I'm sure the bookings will flow even faster!

I often get bookings with profile pics of posed and unsmiling, sometimes almost dramatic selfies while the guest turns out to be a much more charming and natural type of person. A shame actually, since their real self would create much more automatic trust and less feeling that they might be high-maintenance.

Andrea,

Thank you for your feedback. I will make a change to the profile picture.

May I ask your thoughts on the listing please? Thank you so much.
Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

Others have made good points. The only thing I would add is that some of the pictures look very dark. You could ask for an Airbnb photographer (they're free) - it's on the website somewhere under "hosting".

Brandee0
Level 3
New York, NY

Hi August! I'm a now host as well. I'm on my fifth visitor and It's going pretty good for me. I think your page looks very good. Can I ask why your price is so low though? It seems like you are offering a lot. A private room access to the entire house, even a continental breakfast.. It seems like you should be able to get at least twice as much as what you are asking. Especially when it seems as though you are close to the city and lots of conveniences. Orlando is a tourist area so you there is a market for what You are offering. You should make all your trouble and expenses worth your while. That was my only suggestion..

New host not now host lol

Oh and if you don't mind my saying I agree with cc about the picture.. It may seem small but it does make a big difference to people.. Your listing looks great!!!