I only just realised our "Accepted Reservation" is 86%

I only just realised our "Accepted Reservation" is 86%

How is this possible when we have only declined one request and that's because it was a  third party booking  as it was booked under a different name and when we asked them to clarify there was no reply. 

We have had about 30+ bookings previously. 

We have had several recent requests that have canceled before we were able to respond accept or declined as we work during the day. Does that still count against us when we didn't have a chance to respond????

TIA

4 Replies 4
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Matthew528,

Do you mean that the guest cancelled the request within 24 hours and before you responded?

If so then I'd contact Airbnb support to discuss the issue.

If it's that you didn't respond within 24 hours so the request expired automatically then, yes, that will affect your response rate.

The article below describes how the response rate is calculated.

https://www.airbnb.ie/help/article/430

Type "contact airbnb" in the "Search the community" box on these forum pages where you posted your question. Scroll down a little in the list of suggestions that appears and click on the "Contact Airbnb: A Community Help Guide[UPDATED]" one. That lists phone numbers and ways to contact them via Twitter or Facebook.

Steve.

Thanks for that Steve. I just read on the LINK that it is affected by Pre-approval/declined. I didn't realise that. 

We have had many guests just enquiring about the place e.g. does your bedroom have a private ensuite or "is it available" even though that information is available on our listing

We still answered their questions but do we have to pre-approve or decline them to maintain acceptance rate? They didn't exactly tell us their reason for their stay and are merely shopping around.

Actually isn't response rate different to "accepted reservation" 

My question is for the latter. 

Do you know how "accepted reservation" is calcuated. THanks. 

Hello  @Matthew528,

Sorry, my mistake. "Accepted reservations" should just be the % of reservation requests that the host accepted. When it's very much different to what you expect I'd contact support to discuss it.

Steve.