I'm New and I got my first booking.

Jamie52
Level 2
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

I'm New and I got my first booking.

I just got my first booking on Airbnb.

I only launched my listing a few hours ago.

About one hour later after the listing was launched I got a message saying someone has made a reservation for New Year. I really hadn't yet worked out how to set different prices for custom days, or that the automatic pricing would offer almost exactly the same price as a normal day. I am really not at all happy with the price that has been booked. I didn't even get a chance to evaluate the price before the booking was made, as I seem to be on an automatic acceptance response for reservations.

Basically this means I'm missing out on a lot as my flat is in Edinburgh and the New Year's celebrations are very popular and easily should command a much higher the average rent. Approximately double the usual rent.

As it is my first day you know I really am a complete novice to the system. I really want to cancel the booking as the guest is not prepared to offer a higher price, but it says I will get an automatic review.

Is there really no way out of this as it happened literally one hour after my listing was first published.

Any help would be very kind,

Thank you!

Jamie

15 Replies 15

PS I am a co host with Jon Mark Bagnall so please dont reply to him as he's at work. Reply to lula.blackwellhafner@gmail.com