I have no reviews, it’s a concern for guest

Jen249
Level 2
Sonoma, CA

I have no reviews, it’s a concern for guest

I have a guest at my home, this weekend.  They are my first Airbnb guests, therefore I have no reviews.  I have a guest wanting to book but they want to know why I don’t have reviews.  I do have reviews from another site, HomeExchange, but I can’t share this information with them, I can’t share my cel number or my email.  What do I do???

4 Replies 4
J-Renato0
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Tell the truth. You have no reviews because your listing is new.

Tell him/her you will accomplish with what is described in the listing. 

It is up to the potential guest to decide what he/she wants to do.

Absolutely told the truth hit want to share the other info

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Jen249  As J.Renato says, tell the truth. You can also tell him that while you just started listing on Airbnb, you've been hosting through another site for awhile and do have reviews on there. That you can't post the link to that in a message until his booking is comfirmed, as Airbnb will block it, but that if he books, you'll be happy to email him or text him the link (you will see a coded email address for the guest after a booking is confirmed, as well as his phone number) and if he's not satisfied, he will have 48 hours to cancel the booking with full refund (unless it's a long-term booking).

BTW, does the guest have any reviews? If not, you could point that out- that as you'd be taking a chance on a guest with no reviews, you'd appreciate the same. If he does have reviews, you could point out that at some point when he was new to Airbnb, some host took a chance on him, even though he had no reviews yet.

Jen249
Level 2
Sonoma, CA

I was completely honest I have nothing to hide. But feel they should have this other info. Thanks for the info