I cancelled a guest, for wanting to bring to many people into my apt.

Answered!
Lindsay61
Level 1
Christchurch, New Zealand

I cancelled a guest, for wanting to bring to many people into my apt.

After booking a guest asked me if her brother could stay on the couch,

I said no, apt  is at maxium  number of guests.

She then came back and said her mum would be really upset, if her brother could not stay.

I said Im really sorry, however know to extra person.

I then cancelled.

Now the system is stopping me re lisiting my property for those dates.

How can I relisit the dates I cancelled?

Cheers Lindsay

1 Best Answer
Farah1
Level 10
Seattle, WA

@Lindsay61 unfortunatelly, that is the penalty for cancelling a reservation. For the future you should either have the guest to cancel the reservation or call airbnb and ask for their assistance to cancel the reservation from their end because the guest wants to bring extra people more than what is allowed on the listing. For now, I suggest for you to contact airbnb and see if they can help you open the dates again as you were not aware about this. Good luck!

For more info, please read > https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/990/i-m-a-host--what-penalties-apply-if-i-need-to-cancel-a-reser...

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Farah1
Level 10
Seattle, WA

@Lindsay61 unfortunatelly, that is the penalty for cancelling a reservation. For the future you should either have the guest to cancel the reservation or call airbnb and ask for their assistance to cancel the reservation from their end because the guest wants to bring extra people more than what is allowed on the listing. For now, I suggest for you to contact airbnb and see if they can help you open the dates again as you were not aware about this. Good luck!

For more info, please read > https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/990/i-m-a-host--what-penalties-apply-if-i-need-to-cancel-a-reser...

Lindsay61
Level 1
Christchurch, New Zealand

Hi Farah,

Thank you for your support and help:)

Ive dropped AirBnB a message

Many thanks Lindsay

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Great reply @Farah1! 🙂