I can't see my listing.

Cecilia-and-Matt0
Level 2
Sydney, Australia

I can't see my listing.

This seems to be a common problem and I really need the solution. I am a first time host, how can I get good "ratings" if my listing is not showing??? I have spent a lot of time setting up the ad and also had an AirBnb photographer around to take pro photos, still my listing is not showing. I have double checked everything. 

How do I contact AirBnb?

16 Replies 16
Simon101
Level 1
Australia

I have exactly the same problem. My listing is stuck in preview but it's ready and all complete. What's going on?
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

If both of you use the search function here - you will see the question about how to contact BNB is asked and answered hundreds of times.

The topic of not being able to see your listing has also been asked and answered quite a few times so you will see this issue covered too.

Exactly exactly! 🙂

That's why when I refer a friend to become an ABB host I will mentor them for months and months , ( via Email, Skype, FaceTime), through every possible question, situation, concern, payouts, reviews, etc... So they don't post things like "How do I contact Airbnb?" (Referred 4 people now) plus I want them to be comfortable to address things on their own. There's so much to learn. I learned something new last month Myself. Yipppeeeee

And they all say, "Momi if you hadn't walked me through all of this, I never would've understood half of what I am suppose to do as a host." And I always tell them, I'm happy to help but use the Airbnb website FIRST to answer your future questions if you can't get a hold of me..or tag Search Bar on the CC..... Before you post to the CC. Haha
If you feel that me or another host have helped you, feel free to click on the "thumbs up" button at the end of any post. Thank you so much.

Aloha, Momi

Great way to contact Airbnb or via Twitter at AirbnbHelp / Facebook

@Cecilia-and-Matt0 Hi - your place is nice. Is it really $469 a night? I'm not sure about your market but that seems a bit high. Have you looked to see what neighboring hosts are charging for a whole entire house? One helpful tip....lower your price to attract guests to build positive reviews. Once you have PROVEN 5 Star reviews (like I do) then you comfortably raise your rates where you would like it. But you need to start out somewhere to get somewhere. Can I also ask how much time do you invest "marketing " your listing ? I spend 2-3 hours a day marketing my beautiful home and my SUPERHost stats on social media everywhere to attract more people to Airbnb and possibly to my 

If you feel that me or another host have helped you, feel free to click on the "thumbs up" button at the end of any post. Thank you so much.

Aloha, Momi

Momi0
Level 10
Honolulu, HI

@ceciliaandmatt

I'm having trouble editing my post to finish it so I'm adding to it so its completed.
I was trying to let you know that I spend a couple of hours every day promoting my listing all over the Internet via social media apps and it's working because I'm getting bookings. People are finding me there instead of just the Airbnb website. Once they contact me I send them a referral link to have them sign up for Airbnb and book my listing. One of those folks was a family of five from Australia who found me on Instagram. We hosted them this week and it was a HUGE SUCCESS.
Airbnb also has helpful tips on marketing that you can read yourself that I implemented immediately. Try my helpful tips... I've gotten proven results immediately and now have 49 positive 5 Star reviews. And now have raised my rates...bc my beautiful yummy breakfasts are worth every dime! 🙂

Aloha, Momi

Hi Momi, 

my problem is not to find guests but the fact that I can't see my listing at all, nor can a  lot of friends I have asked to check.

Also, I can see the pre-view and the available dates are completely wrong and not what I have put in! I have double ckecked a million times and even if I change the dates it still showes something else in the preview.

(The price is high but we are only renting the house as a one off over Christmas/New Year and the prices around here are about double around that time compared to the rest of the year.)

Hi back to ya,
I was trying to help based on the way that you wrote your question "how can I get positive RATINGS if people can't find my listings?"

If you want to get continued help on the community center, at least acknowledged that I helped you and say "Thank you" even if you think I misunderstood you. (Your listing IS absolutely on Airbnb)...... I had no problem finding it, I was merely offering ANOTHER suggestion to make you stand out so you can gain MORE POSITIVE REVIEWS. Disappointing that you didn't understand that. G'day.

Aloha, Momi

Thank you Momi, I really do appreciate your help. Sorry if my response to you sounded rude, English is not my first language.

The problem with my listing is that nobody but you (and a couple of others in this community) can see my listing no matter what criteria or dates we put in, zooming in or out, it is not there on the map or the list view. I have asked 3 friends across the country this morning to look for my listing and no-one can see it.

For this reason I can't check if the listing is correct (and it sounds like the available dates are wrong) and also because I can't see my listing I can't send a link to friends or use it on social media.

I have found a way to cantact AirBnb, it's through the photographer they sent to my house, but they haven't come back to me yet.

Once this is resolved I will definitely take your advice and spend some time on marketing!

Have a lovely day!

@Cecilia-and-Matt0   "Thank you" can be said in any language (but missing from your first reply to me).....and I speak 6 of them.  hahaha.  But you are very welcome.  Its always my goal to help hosts....but just keep in mind....its takes 6 seconds to type the words "thank you" and probably 132 seconds to write THAT reply to you sent me.  Take care.  (hope you have a good sense of humor when reading this).

As far as your listing goes, I know it can be an issue, but please keep in mind, that hosts with 5 Star REVIEWS and RATINGS will be found on the forefront of your city listings pages....so take my advice, and do what you can to be seen. But I promise you, your listing is THERE.  Also, change your filters when doing the search that fit your listing, and you will pop up.  I do it all the time to check on how my listing is being seen.  But the other host is right, if you magnify the area, and search, its there.  But try the search filters too....that will help, I can assure you 100% that will help.  My other suggestion is, if this is truly aggravating you, call Airbnb in Australia, and they can walk you through on how to find it. They have the most amazing staff working 24 hours 7 days a week, and its their goal to always help the hosts.  I can vouch for that!  They have helped me quite a few times since 2015.   

Another great tip....close all your browers, use a computer, and then reopen Airbnb website.  Search then.  Hope that helps you too.

ONE MORE HELPFUL TIP....change your listing title to read.."  GORGEOUS HOME TO SPEND CHRISTMAS HOLIDAYS IN"  - just a thought.  (if that's your only goal is to book for Christmas)  saves travelers the time of looking at your listing and realizing they can't book November.  Right?

and before I forget, if you truly appreciate my replies and any other hosts who helps you, be sure to click on the THUMBS UP button under each posted reply.  That only takes ONE SECOND...  (just more humor)

Aloha, Momi

Thank you Momi, and may I add another "thank you" for my first response. 😉

Looks like my listing is blocked but someone at AirBnb is looking into it and also the correct available dates. 

They said the issue with my listing might have to do with the fact I have used both a desktop computer AND mobile app to set it up and their system got confused and blocked it. I am sure they will be able to sort it out.

Will definitely change the title of my listing to what you proposed as soon as I get access!

Victoria57
Level 10
Strathpeffer, United Kingdom

@Cecilia-and-Matt0 the way the search works depends on how much you are zoomed in to the area where you are looking. The further out you zoom the less chance there is of your listing being returned in the search results, although exactly what the algorythm is that controls this is not known to us mere hosts. I found your listing very easily and it was on the first page by having searched for Freshwater and then zoomed in a bit as shown below:

freshwater.jpg

However it is currently impossible for anyone to book your place. You have a 21 day minimum stay from 1 Dec to 28 Feb but there is no period of 21 days available within that period. And outside of that period where you have a 14 day minimum stay there is also nothing available right though for the next 18 months. Hopefully that's because you are totally full of guests.

Thanks @Victoria57!

At least you can see my listing which is great news! No one else seems to be able to see it no matter how much we zoom in our out. And the availability you mention is completely wrong and not what we have typed in at all.

In the preview I can see our place is available between Dec 22 and Jan 20 with a 14day minimum stay. (I have no idea where the 21 day min stay from Dec 1 is coming from, it completely random!) Anyway, thanks for your help!!

Victoria57
Level 10
Strathpeffer, United Kingdom

@Cecilia-and-Matt0 the 21 day minimum stay won't be random. Go to your availability settings and check the info you've entered under seasons:

seasons.jpg

I've now seen that you DO have availability from 22 Dec, that was my mistake.

Please will someone check for me if they can see my listing, I cannot find it when I search: https://airbnb.com/rooms/15532230?s=41&user_id=33590516&ref_device_id=d8515d608496ff2f951a3cf20fb0e3...

Thanks