I am new and need some help.

Nancy489
Level 2
Port St. Lucie, FL

I am new and need some help.

I have a guest that extended his stay and need to know how to go about sending the money he paid to airbnb for their share.

7 Replies 7

@Nancy489

"need to know how to go about sending the money he paid to airbnb for their share."

for whose share? ... sorry, you need to explain in a bit more detail

came with his mother, on May 4th telling me he wanted to take a look att the rooms. I told him to come and see. When he saw the rooms he said he would take the rooms for a week. When the week was almost up I was given the opportunity to have another guest come and stay for 29 days. With him here I asked him when he was leaving and he said on the 22nd, He had paid me cash forfor the 4 days he was going to stay, then asked to stay until the 22nd. I only want to do what is fair to airbnb and give them their money. I just want to know how to do that. Also I have found out he should have gone through airbnb for everything because he has to pay fees to them. At this point I think he wants to only pay me and not airbnb, it is my fault I did not know how to handle this so thought it was alright because I know I would sent airbnb the money they asked for the fee I was required to pay. Help!

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hello @Nancy489 ,

As @Mike340 allready mentioned: it is not clear what your questionor problem is.

In general when a guest want to extend the stay:

The reservation can be changed by putting in the new check-out date. Calculation of the new price will be done automatically and the guest will be charged the extra amount. If change is done prior to check-in date, you receive the total amount in 1 payment. If it is done during the stay, you probably have recieved allready the amount for the initial reservation, so you will recieve as a second payment the money related to the extension.

Offcourse you can find all payments listed in yourTransaction History pages (also: future transactions)

Hope this helps,

Emiel

Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

@Nancy489

I presume the guest has paid you direct to avoid booking fees, crafty so and so's are guests.

No way to give it to airbnb that I know of, you should have altered the booking at your end and the guest would have paid airbnb and the fees.

When you personally take money from a guest for extending a stay, the extended stay is not through airbnb.

2 choices, return his money and alter the booking from your reservations, they will then get a request to pay from airbnb but it will probably cost the guest more.

or just keep quiet and hope nothing goes wrong during the stay.

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

Sounds like a direct booking and nothing to do with AirBnB.

David
Rebecca160
Level 10
Albuquerque, NM

@Nancy489Definitely have this guest get onto Airbnb and request a change to the reservation. You will then approve it and he will pay for it through the app with his credit card. If you take his money directly, then you are not covered by Airbnb in any way and probably not under your own insurance for your business. It is supereasy for the guests to request and pay for changes.

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

@Nancy489 You are new and best to spend some time reading this forum, that already has covered everything under the sun already a few times concerning hosting, to be up to speed how things with Airbnb work. Either way, get Airbnb involved or not,  in the future best to always go through Airbnb, if that is where the booking came from.