I am getting many bookings for 1 guest, yet 2 people are arriving.

Answered!
David1160
Level 1
Tewksbury, MA

I am getting many bookings for 1 guest, yet 2 people are arriving.

Guests have stated that they search for places for 2 people, however the process of booking automatically list 1 guest and not 2.
1 Best Answer
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

No the guest is choosing to book for one guest @David1160 . If this is happening to you a lot, I would make sure your house rules clearly state only those who book can stay. And message guests on booking to remind them on this house rule.

When people arrive with two, you can either ask the second person to leave or contact Airbnb and ask them to be added to the booking and send a request for the additional rate for the second person for the guest to pay immediately.

If they don't pay ask Airbnb to cancel the booking.

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

No the guest is choosing to book for one guest @David1160 . If this is happening to you a lot, I would make sure your house rules clearly state only those who book can stay. And message guests on booking to remind them on this house rule.

When people arrive with two, you can either ask the second person to leave or contact Airbnb and ask them to be added to the booking and send a request for the additional rate for the second person for the guest to pay immediately.

If they don't pay ask Airbnb to cancel the booking.

Mike-And-Helen0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@David1160 if most of your guest groups are pairs then you mught find it easier to set a base price that covers two people.

Amanda184
Level 2
Bondi Beach, Australia

Its never happened to me sorry but they are noy resding the rules ive noticed  that, like one girl had a friend stay the night and shes a host. I talked to her as she did not introduce meknow to her and they used my kitchen for dinners and then stayed over. I let it go. I dont know if rules are lax in other countries about random sleepovers like Mexico?