How to increase my bookings

Chris1809
Level 2
Kill Devil Hills, NC

How to increase my bookings

Help!  I am a new host (as of March 2019).  Our first 30 days we booked most of March, April, and May.  I haven't had any new bookings in the last 2 weeks, and only 4 bookings in the last month.  I haven't booked anything yet for June!  I do not believe this is a pricing issue.  I believe we are not getting the views because we are pretty far down the list when you do a search in our area.  We have been getting great reviews - all 5 stars.  We are not yet Superhosts but on track to become Superhosts with the July cycle.  Will that have a significant impact on our priority in the search engine?  What else can I do to get seen!!!

8 Replies 8
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Chris1809 

Your listing states beneath the booking form:

It’s been viewed 170 times in the past week.

So enough potential guests, but somehow they don't book.

Offcourse i do not know the reason either, the listing itselfs looks fine and i assume your pricing is correct when compared to similar listings in your area.

But you can promote your listing also more outside Airbnb.

Maybe read this posting:

Direct marketing for your Airbnb

Hope this helps,

Emiel

thank you, will try these ideas

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Chris1809 you might be pricing too low, which can scare off potential guests who think there must be a reason why it's so cheap. In your shoes I would try raising the price substantially. Looking at your local competition, it seems most are priced from $75 to $125. Your place is beautiful, and I'd try setting the price in the middle of that range at least.

thank you; this is consistent with my suspicions.  I don't think it is a pricing issue at all (people looking for the best deal).  I think it is more of a visibility problem.  Will experiment and see if I can generate some more interest.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Chris1809  It can also just be the time of year. Spring Break and Easter over, expendable cash spent, people tend to be in holding pattern as the school year draws to a close, not yet making summer plans. I think many hosts have seasonal lulls. It'll probably pick up again soon.

Thanks for this insight. I’m definitely still going through the learning curve!  This makes sense though and I hope it picks up soon. 

Edy10
Level 1
Bali, Indonesia

Hi, i am a new host of Hulundanu House from last month, i i was really happy when i listed my home, one week later i received some new booking, but from last week i never heard new booking for mu home, is that any suggetstion 

thankyou 

Nina75
Level 10
LA, CA

Lower your price and raise your cleaning fee. also lower your price and charge per person.