How long to resolve a claim?

Keith65
Level 2
Temecula, CA

How long to resolve a claim?

I had a guest, if you can call him that, who admitted breaking a few things. Well it wasn't just a few.  3 windows, blood everywhere!  I had to block in future listings.  I need to know how long it takes to get paid on the damage?  I have filed a claim, the renter admitted to doing the deed. So will Airbnb pay the claim and go after the renter?

thanks, 

Keith

10 Replies 10
Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

@Keith65  Sounds like you may need a primer on how Airbnb handles security deposits.  If you guest, indeed, admits to the breakage, send them a request for the money (include your receipts, etc. for the repairs/replacement) through the Resolution Center.

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/352/what-happens-if-a-host-makes-a-claim-on-my-security-deposit

I already posted a claim with the Resolution Center.  It has been 3 days and have not heard back.  So how long does it take Airbnb to process a claim that the renter has admitted to being at fault?

Keith

I would say at least a week as they have to investigate the claim, and remember, there's a lot of inquiries. I don't know how big is the customer service office of Airbnb 

Thanks David.  I read that they should get back in 72 hours. It is amazing that the CEO is a billionaire and yet customer service is very minimal.  The longer my place stays off of Airbnb, the less they get on commission.  

@Keith65

I take it that you took it to the involve AirBnB next level?

David

I did.  Because the amount and cost of repairs, Airbnb suggested to have them handle it. I have corresponded with the former guest through Airbnb.  Supposedly no one has contacted him as of yet

If I had the opportunity of getting the money direct from the Guest I would grab it.

David

The guest is telling me he is broke, but didn't seem to have any problem breaking everything possible in my place

Keith

@Keith65

Well then you have no choice, hopefully the CC limit is adequate.

This is educative:

http://observer.com/2017/03/airbnb-nda-damage-in-london-after-drug-party/

David
Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

I recently had a resolution center case where the guest admitted their responsibility but it still took 12ish days, and multiple calls from me to keep things moving and get it paid. 

But it did get paid