How long does it take for a Airbnb expert to contact me?

Alexandru4
Level 1
Bucharest, Romania

How long does it take for a Airbnb expert to contact me?

I had 2 bad experiences in Cuba with false listings. The listings were for the 'entire place' but after accepting my booking, the hosts contacted me requesting additional sums, saying that the price on Airbnb was for a single room, not the whole place, as listed. I refused to pay anything else, and I was forced to find other places to live. I requested both of them to cancel the reservation. One of them never answered me, and the other one answered after 3 days offering me less than half of what I paid. I consider Airbnb responsabile for the accuracy of the listings on it's website, as it should enforce clear and accurate descriptions. I want a full refund from Airbnb for the sums paid, because it wasn't able to provide decent service for those sums. I tried using the help center and I was forwarded to a community service until the Airbnb expert would step in. He never contacted me. Now I am waiting for a second case to be reviewed and for someone to write me an email so I get a chance to explain everything. Do I stand any chance of getting my money back, or should I pursue other legal options?

2 Replies 2
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

Best to call them, number on your confirmation, or tweet or facebook.

David
Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

@Alexandru4  I wouldn't hold your breath, that's for sure.