How do I respond to a review on my profile?

Hannah417
Level 2
Perth, United Kingdom

How do I respond to a review on my profile?

Hi everyone, 

I have noticed that some hosts are able to respond to public reviews, and that their comment is left directly below the customer’s feedback. 

How do I go about doing this? Any advice greatly appreciated! 

Kind regards 

Hannah 

5 Replies 5
Lilian20
Level 10
Argelès-sur-Mer, France

Get familiar with all the internal links in your mobile application 

If you are on a pc, check this page : https://www.airbnb.com/users/reviews/ and look for  "Leave Public Response"

Elena87
Level 10
СПБ, Russia

@Hannah417 

If you click on 'Performance' on the top bar of your listing first.

Then select 'reviews' ;  Here you can select the review you wish to reply to

Select 'read review' and then you should see the 'reply' button.

Top caution on replying though, is it damp smell and spotty wifi girl you want to reply to?

Conventional wisdom says ; keep it brief, professional and don't go settling scores, write as if you addressing 'dear potential future guests' and not to the reviewer.

@Elena87 

Thanks very much for this 🙂 

yes that’s the comment I was hoping to respond to - I had just wanted to thank her for the feedback and explain that there’s 5G WiFi which can be accessed, though the connection is much stronger in the living room than other rooms. There’s also 2G which can be accessed in the other rooms, however I would consider getting the WiFi boosters.

Regarding the damp I was going to apologise and explain that the building is over a century old and needs updating in parts, thankfully it doesn’t affect my flat but I’m in discussions with the other landlords in the building (there’s another 4 flats below me) re getting the stairwell updated and modernised, and that this would hopefully address the issue. 

Lilian20
Level 10
Argelès-sur-Mer, France

Completely agree, i believe " addressing 'dear potential future guests' and not to the reviewer." is the right way to go !

Thanks! 

Does the above reply reply seem reasonable enough? 

It’s a shame it wasn’t left as private feedback, I would still have taken the comments on board. Hopefully it doesn’t deter future guests.