How do I block half days so I can have guests leave at 11am and guest check in at 4pm on the same da

Deborah321
Level 2
Toronto, Canada

How do I block half days so I can have guests leave at 11am and guest check in at 4pm on the same da

How do I blo.ck onle half a day so I can have guest check out and check in on the same day?

7 Replies 7
Gillian19
Level 10
St Leonards, Australia

@Deborah321 Hi Deborah, if you just set your check out time as 11 and check in time from 4pm then you are, in effect, covered for this situation. If you don't need all of this time for specific days/bookings then you can offer the guests an earlier check in or later check out after they have booked. Basically keeping it in your control. I do this and it works well - I don't offer the ealry/late check in/out option until very close to their arrival in case of late minute bookings. Hope this helps, Gillian

Thanks!  Will do!

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Deborah321 

Deborah I have done a series of 'how to' screenshots to help newer users find their way to various parts of their site.

This one may be helpful to you in setting your preparation time so that you can accept guests leaving and guests arriving on the same day.

The only additional thing you need to set is your checkout time which you find under this same 'Availability' heading by simply scrolling down to 'Check-in/Check-out time' 

Just remember to save any changes before you leave each section or your changes will not take place!

To view this image as a full screen item click the small magnifying glass you will see if you 'hover' your cursor in the top right corner of the photo.

Cheers.....Rob

How to set same day Preparation time.jpg

Many thanks!  Will do!

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

It also would be a good idea to message your guests a few days prior to arrival to remind them that your check-in and check-out times are firm, as you often have same day check -outs and ins, and you require those hours in between to ensure that the space is very well cleaned and prepared for your guests. Lots of people really don't read the house rules and such or have forgotten between the time they booked and when they arrive.

John-and-Deb1
Level 2
Loveland, CO

We have our check out time set as 10 AM and check in time as 3 PM.  Our calander does not reflect that the afternoon is available for a new check in but rather shows the entire day of checkout as unavailable.  How do we show a half day booked off. We do not have this proble on VRBO  or HomeAway at all. Thanks!

@John-and-Deb1  You need to think of them as nights, not days. Could you screenshot how it appears on your calendar? Sure you don't have your availability setting set to block one day before and after a reservation?