Host changed his mind, apartment is not available and he's not canceling my trip. I paid 1200€

Leon29
Level 2
Meerbusch, Germany

Host changed his mind, apartment is not available and he's not canceling my trip. I paid 1200€

My trip starts in 6 days.

If I cancel I'll loose 50% of my amount (1200€).

How do I get my money if he is not canceling and not giving access to his apartment?

I'm a long time user of airbnb but that scenario is totally new for me.

Please help.

Leon

8 Replies 8

@Leon29 The host needs to cancel & deal with the penalty for cancellation. Don't cancel it yourself!

You need to contact airbnb about the booking as soon as possible. Hopefully all of the communication with the host has been through airbnb so the customer service reps can see what is happening. 

Hi,

I have another booking now and the host just forgot that he has a photo shoot in the space. They're asking me to cancel. That's the second time in 5 days. What's going on in Berlin?

Leon29
Level 2
Meerbusch, Germany

All communication was through Airbnb.

I wrote Airbnb yesterday, hopefully they answer soon. I will try to call Airbnb as well.

I need to rent a new flat right now, 

do you know how long it does take to get the money back?

Also I'm afraid to book another one, because maybe for whatever reason I end up with the first booking as well for the same dates and than my money is gone.

Just great,

according to Airbnb it's not possible for me to book unless the host cancels my booking.

My money is blocked and I'm not allowed to book something else.

This guy screwed me over big time.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

call again you haven't been given the right advice.

Leon29
Level 2
Meerbusch, Germany

Airbnb took now care of it, I'm free to book and my money is avaible again. Airbnb even sent me other apartments options.

Leon29
Level 2
Meerbusch, Germany

I don't know what's going on, but I got another apartment declined after I booked and paid for it.

This time the host forgot that he has a photo shoot during my stay and ask me now that I should cancel.

It's not my fault, he should cancel. Now I got 1880€ frozen and I can't book anything new. I can't afford it anyway since it would cost me around 2000€ for another apartment.I loose another two days and apartment prices are going way up.

@Leon29  The host has to cancel, not you. Call Airbnb again about the host who wants you to cancel because of a photo shoot he "forgot". This is not okay- if the host doesn't cancel, you still have a valid booking and he has to honor it. Airbnb should hopefully sort it out for you.