Host cancelled but did not officially cancel so I can't make the alternate booking

Ronald45
Level 1
Hubbards, Canada

Host cancelled but did not officially cancel so I can't make the alternate booking

I got a notification this morning from the host that my one-week booking for next week is cancelled. But the host did not officially cancel with AirBnb. So when I tried just now to make the alternative booking, AirBnb won't let me do it without me being the one to cancel. How do I get the host to cancel it with AirBnb, not just tell me it's cancelled? This is urgent today as i don't want to lose my alternate booking that I just found. 

3 Replies 3
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Ronald45

You need to contact AirBnB and explan that your host has emailed you (I assume) but that they won't cancel. They don't want to cancel as they don;t want to be penalised and want you to take the hit. Which is not fair. Contact AirBnB (details on your booking confirmation) and get them to make the cancellation and help you book the alternative.

Thank you Gerry and Rashid: Host finally cancelled, so all is okay now. I appreciate your quick response. Very best wishes, Ron

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thank you @Gerry-And-Rashid0 for helping out @Ronald45

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen