Hiding info has become ridiculous!

Denise741
Level 2
Puerto Peñasco, Mexico

Hiding info has become ridiculous!

Seriously Airbnb?  They have done this on my listing as well when I explain taxes and fees.

airbnb

7 Replies 7
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Denise741  This isn't something new. You can't put phone numbers or links to other sites in your listing description. They will always be blocked. Phone numbers are only available once a booking is confirmed. It's always been that way.

Denise741
Level 2
Puerto Peñasco, Mexico

@Sarah977 --did the image come through?  They mistakenly thought prices were phone numbers.

@Denise741  Yes, the image came through- I get it now- the stupid algorithm mistook prices for phone numbers. But why do you want to explain this breakdown in your listing explanation anyway? It appears automatically when guest fill in the reservation info.

Denise741
Level 2
Puerto Peñasco, Mexico

@Sarah977 Because we had been talking about a special offer.  But the weird thing is that it hid some numbers and not others.  

@Denise741  Yes, well that's the problem with poorly programmed artificial intelligence, isn't it. Should be called artificial stupidity. I guess you could always spell the numbers out, but that's a hassle, too.

Jody79
Level 10
Chicago, IL

Yes, this is annoying. ABB would not allow me to upload my city registration number, so instead I just included it in my listing so I wouldn’t get fined. I had to get creative because they kept removing it, Flagging it as a phone number or website.

Scott1308
Level 2
Cable, WI

Airbnb now hides any 4 digit numbers!  They hide key codes, the year, they even hide links to Chamber of Commerce so guests can check on COVID related closures when we send confirmation letters!  We change our key codes after each renter ( our cleaners take care of it), and , we refuse to allow airbnb to have this code, as they say we can add it to our "amenity" section, and them "they" give it to of renter 3 days before the reservation.  Boycott?  We should, but we need their visibility.  They need to learn, it is we, the owners, who made their business, and without us, they would not be!!!!