Hi. How can you stay at a place ,skip a night and stay back at the same place without paying 2 fees.

Steve827
Level 1
Chicago, IL

Hi. How can you stay at a place ,skip a night and stay back at the same place without paying 2 fees.

Hi. Want to stay at a place in Europe. Was going to stay at another location for one night and come back to the previous place. Do you pay 2 air bnb fees or can you do it and pay 1? How do you go about this?Thanks.

4 Replies 4
Noel102
Level 10
Houston, TX

You'll have to ask the host to cut you a break for an equivalent amount of money.  Be aware, though, that many good hosts will probably decline you immediately for requesting a discount.

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

@Steve827, the airbnb fees are a percentage, not a flat rate, so it should work out about the same either way.

@Steve827 

Agree with @Lawrene0 about the fees.

In the end, you have 2 choices.....make 2 separate bookings or just 1 booking knowing that you won't spend 1 night there in between. Depending on the nightly rate.....if it's not that high I'd personally consider the latter - you can leave whatever you don't need for that 1 night in the room and travel light. Also since there is no need to check out and check in again you can leave and come back any time you want. 

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Steve827 

It will not save you hardly any money regarding the fees having 1 or 2 bookings, the only thing is the cleaning fee (if any) which will be charged twice. When i receive such a request,  i would offer a 3 nights stay and give a 30% discount on 1 night (as guest are not there,only luggage occupies the room)

Best regards,

Emiel