HOST CANCELLATION

Edmond28
Level 1
Beirut, Lebanon

HOST CANCELLATION

SO I AM COMING NEXT WEEK THURSDAY TO AMSTERDAM I BOOKED A ROOM A MONTH AGO AND THE HOST JUST CANCELLED TODAY MY BOOKING AIRBNB GAVE ME 20 EURO TO SPEND AND ALL PRICES ARE DOUBLED NOW! LIKE SERIOUSLYYYYYY

4 Replies 4
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Please don't use capital letters - it is considered to be rude and 'shouting' on the web @Edmond28 

It is awful when a host makes a last minute cancellation. Unfortunately there are many illegal listings in Amsterdam, so this could lead to a cancellation if the city shuts them down,  or it could be a genuine emergency that led to a host cancelling.

Go back to Airbnb and ask them a) to help you find a similiar property (you might need to move to a less central area to keep within your budget) and b) whether they can increase the amount they give you as it is last minute and prices have done up.

Please remember this is not Airbnb's fault it is the host that has done this.

If you want them to help you and offer more compensation than they normally offer and help you find an alternative, start at this point and you are more likely to get further help from them.

LOL 

@Edmond28  With an attitude like that maybe it was a good thing your host cancelled on you.

I will not go down to your level but at least now i know where not to be hosted next time I will use if I use airbnb