Guests arrive early without noticing then break in.

Guests arrive early without noticing then break in.

I’ve clearly stated the check in time is 3pm, but it can be flexible if guests let me know they have to come early.  However, I had 2 guests arrived at 10:20am this morning, they never ever replied any of my messages. At the beginning, they knocked  the door but no one’s home. So they entered my backyard, force to open the locked door then broke in my house, left their luggage then went out.  I have cameras on property so I saw it very clear.  

My neighbors were concerned and were about to call the police, fortunately they called me first. I felt super disrespectful and unsafe with those kind of people stay in my house. 

I want to cancel their reservation but since I’m a superhost, I’ll get penalized for canceling a trip. So I contacted Airbnb but they were so insufficient, what should I do? 

2 Replies 2
Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Steven-and-Bree0 You could try again with Airbnb, explaining that you feel unsafe.  Sometimes different case managers give different results.  Worst case is let them stay and then give a very bad review.  That will warn other hosts about how disrespectful they are.

Thomas1033
Level 10
North Tonawanda, NY

@Steven-and-Bree0  I would not let them stay and I’d call the police and press charges too.  These are bad people.