Guests ID’s

Alejandra379
Level 2
Rosarito, Mexico

Guests ID’s

How can I ask for IDs and what kk d of other info should I ask for?

theres the guest who booked, verified and all but she booked for 8 people, college students spending Spring break weekend.

What should I do to get the info of every guest? I mean, I don’t know what kind of people they are.

4 Replies 4
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Personally I wouldn't accept a booking from 8 young people for Spring Break.

If you say in your house rules you take copies of all guests ID who stay with you, then you can do this.

If you haven't got this already and have a whole listing I would have cctv at all entrances.

Hopefully your house rules cover extra guests and quiet time.

I would take photos of the place before they arrive and you or your cost do a personal check in, confirm that only those who have booked and paid can be at the listing and that any evidence of partying and late night noise will result in asking airbnb to cancel the booking and evict the guests.

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

@Alejandra379  Yikes.  Anything you change on your listing now, like adding new rules, I think will not apply to them.  You could ask them to verify that are all at least 18, I believe this is allowed.  

If I were you, I would keep a very, very, very close eye on this group....I might have some 'landscaping' done while they are there, and offer to send a cleaning person maybe, at the halfway point, something to let you get a sense of that are taking care of the place.

If possible, I would meet them myself when they check in.  Definitely take photos of everything before they arrive. If not you, then send someone on your behalf to meet them, someone who is stern and can make clear to them to take care of the place.

I havent' read your house rules, hopefully they are strictish.  ETA, okay I just read them, they look good.  You say in your house rules that they have to provide ID, so if you didn't just do that, you refer them to the house rules and ask for everyone's name.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Alejandra379  If you don't live nearby and can check up on this group, make sure you have someone who will. I fear that this type of reservation will actually end up costing you more than you earn if it's not closely monitored. You can anticipate that there may be far more people in the unit than 8.

I actually block off my calendar for spring break, as I live in a beach town and know what kind of requests I'd get. If that period hasn't been booked by what I feel are responsible adults well ahead of time, I know what type of bookings I'd get closer to the dates and don't want to have to be declining them all.

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Alejandra379   Your listing is very beautiful!  Are you sure you want to host a group of college kids for spring break?  Unlike the corporate events you have previously hosted, the intent of a bunch of college kids is usually to get very drunk or high or generally unruly!   You have rules but do you have a way of immediately respondinng to noise complaints?  

As to your question, you can see if the booking guest has several good reviews of her with other groups.  Unfortunately, you have to accept the reservation before you can link to her profile, but at least you will be told how many other reviews she has.  I would recommend no less than 3 required.

Then you can require the first and last name of each other guest.  Then you can arrange a time when you will be at the home to greet the guests and have them provide ID that you take a picture of with your phone.  Sounds heavy handed, but if you tell the booking guest you will be doing this, then she might decide not to book.  You would have avoided a problem.  Also,  your security deposit is too low.  For a place like yours, it should be much higher, perhaps $1000.  The guest doesn't pay it up front, but when you allow 11 guests in your house, even considerate guests can have accidents.