Guest new to Airbnb

Guest new to Airbnb

A guest who is very new to Airbnb is having trouble with her booking. She has sent me her booking number and says she has recieved verification but it still shows me that her verification is pending. My guest wants to come tomorrow but the booking cant get confirmed. She has a Confirmation Code and says she has made the payment. Is there a way to check or to force update my calender to accept her booking? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

6 Replies 6

I suppose what I need to know is - Is she booked or not? Should I tell her to just come or must I wait for confirmation from Airbnb?

As for the payment to you, it would be safer to have a confirmation, @Janine93. I've seen stories here that failed verification meant no money for the host.

Ask your guest to contact Airbnb Customer Service - she can use Twitter or the form: https://www.airbnb.com/help/contact_us#/. Twitter will be quicker I guess.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Janine93,

I agree with @Marzena4, you don't want the situation where a guest arrives when you do not see their reservation as confirmed.

Recently, a guest made a same day reservation with me but it showed as pending. I contacted Airbnb support and, as the guest couldn't pay, they cancelled the request and made sure that she was told that she didn't have a reservation so she didn't turn up at my place.

Steve.

Thanks for your responses. The guest is trying to cancel her booking now but Airbnb is only refunding her 50% of what she paid. It is very frustrating that there is no direct chat support to help resolve these issues.

I defenitely wont let the guest come without confirmation on my end.

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Janine93  Here is a guide for contacting Air BNB 

This guide is found on this CC.  You will find many tutorials and guides right here under Help.  Good luck!

Thanks.