Guest comment that bed is firm.

Grace264
Level 4
Vancouver, Canada

Guest comment that bed is firm.

Hi to all,

We hope things are great!

We currently have guests that are staying with us for 5 nights in our 3bedroom listing ( checked in day Sunday, check out day tomorrow Friday), messaged the guests yesterday Wednesday around 3pm saying, Hi XXX just checking in, hope everything is all well. No reply..I understand they are very busy working since they are here for work. But around 10pm tonight, she sent me a reply saying she was sorry that she was not able to reply yesterday because they were very busy at work and says, “One comment we have is that the beds are extremely firm, so maybe having a couple of foamies available in the closets would be good.”

We are just hosting for more than a year and non of our guests said that the bed is “extremely firm”, ( by the way all our mattresses are medium firm) maybe because most of them liked it or it’s really a personal preference.

But anyways, I replied her Hi XXX, no worries at all and thank you so much for your feedback we really appreciate, then left it that way.

Honestly, if she let us know since day one then we can do something about it but, I received her message just tonight and they leave tomorrow morning.

Now, I am a little bit confused and concerned should we provide it to our next guests?

Also any thoughts or advice for her review, will be appreciated too. 

Have a great day to all and Thanks.

4 Replies 4
Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

hello @Grace264 
It sounds like this guest may prefer a softer mattress.

Not all guests are the same.

I wouldn't be to concerned about it unless they mention it in their review.

Most people are happy to have a bed.

All the best

Hi Helen,

Thank you for your response.😀

Have a great day and take care.

Steven614
Level 4
West Palm Beach, FL

I have memory foam mattresses but on my sofa bed room I purchased a memory foam topper which did the trick and every guest has always commented on how comfortable the beds are. None of the beds were purchased for Airbnb and in fact the sofa bed was for my old condo as a third bed and used mainly as a sofa and has been repurposed when I converted my “he shed” into an Airbnb room. The topper is wonderful. Check slick deals dot net for deals or amazon. But you can find toppers (2” or 3 are about right) for about $100. You will find a huge difference if you ha e older mattresses that are firmer. 

Diana259
Level 2
Phoenix, AZ

I have three king size beds, ranging from 15 to 2 years old, and I cover all of them with some type of heavy quilted pad (not memory foam.) It makes such a huge difference; guests comment on our beds all the time. One of the three is slightly firmer than the other two, and if I am home when a guest checks in I mention that the only difference in the bedrooms is the one is a little firmer. One of the three mattresses is older and not the best quality originally and it stills gets many complements. I don't think I pad more than $100 for any one of them. Well worth the $$.