Getting my home listed in an area more widely searched that's very near my home.

Getting my home listed in an area more widely searched that's very near my home.

There's a popular vacation town near my home but since my home on google maps comes up with a neighboring town's address, I am only able to list in this less searched neighboring town. Anyone have some help to offer in getting my home listed in the nearby popular vacation town?

10 Replies 10
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

You can not choose a listing area, you just put in your address.

David

Thanks for replying, David.

I'm curious as to why, when putting this less popolar town in the search for homes, the homes in the popular town nearby also come up though their address is in another town?

Why they do what they do is usually a mystery, could it be that there are not many listing where you are so the area is expanded and lots nearby so the area is contracted.

David

I see we are guessing here but yours sounds like it's probably the most likely reason. Is there a capacity to expand one's search to include areas nearby the area one is interested in, do you know?

Thank you, David, for responding.

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hi,

Searching for accomodation in Roberts, Montana: your listing showed up as 5th item on the first page. That's not a bad result !

Best regards, Emiel

Thanks for responding, Emiel.

Yes it comes up in Roberts search, but very few people will search in Roberts...That's the challenge I'm dealing with.

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hi,

Your statistics page will give you a clue how many people actually viewed your listing. I fear you will have to accept this "popular town nearby" issue. On the other hand: guests will move the map, if they are looking for something more "secluded" and maybe they end up in Roberts !

Best regards,Emiel

Thank you, Emiel.

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

I tend to use the map and as you move it  around it shows listings, so yes, I guess it depend how fosussed people are in staying in a specific spot.

David

Thanka, David.