First review problem

Answered!
Jane563
Level 10
Brighton, United Kingdom

First review problem

I’ve just had a guest who assured me that everything was fine throughout her four day stay. Then when she reviewed my space, she said in private feedback that the bathroom and kitchen were dirty, and gave me two stars. All she said in public was the “bath was below her expectations.” 

I did not have a problem with her and gave her a five star review. Then when my cleaner came after her departure, we found that she had put a sanitary towel down the loo and blocked it. I do ask guests not to do this in my house manual, and remind them of this when I show them the bathroom.

I know that airbnb won’t take this bad one off, and have made the mistake of rising to it and mentioning the sanitary towel!!

To be honest I think it is better to leave the review there. This is the first time and I’ve had nearly fifty guests. 

I had told her to try a couple of my friends’ places while she tours the UK, and have had to call them and advise them not to let her book.

I welcome first time airbnb users. However, I think this woman expected hotel standards. While my place always clean there is some wear and tear.

Just a rant really.

1 Best Answer
Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

@Jane563   having a rant is good for you.

Guests are a law unto themselves and some think they're hotel inspectors,

put your feet up and have a cup of tea

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

@Jane563   having a rant is good for you.

Guests are a law unto themselves and some think they're hotel inspectors,

put your feet up and have a cup of tea

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Next time, have a cup of tea before responding to a review, @Jane563. The guest is unlikely to ever see your response, so it reflects more on you than her. It'll be yesterday's news before you know it.