Feedback items and accuracy. Suggestions.

Sally450
Level 1
Laurel, MS

Feedback items and accuracy. Suggestions.

I recently had a great guest that ion review nicely gave me a five and a really nice comment.  In the feedback section where it gives you different items to select like towels, linens, photos the guests girlfriend had never done anything on air bnb a cidently selected a bunch of different items. Ivy the time I got with the guests  it had been more than 48 hours as we had all had the flu.  I was stunned when I saw that and immediately got in touch with him through air bnb to see what happened during the visit. He realized what had happened and was very apologetic and got in touch with air bnb to get them to help him change that.  Air bnb told him no worries that he had given me a good rating and nice comment and the feedback would not affect anything. Which is so not true. People can see it. From what people can see it looks like I had no sheets towelsetc etc.  the list is long. The bottom line is the guest wants to make it right and take all that feedback away because it is inaccurate.  I got in touch with air bnb and was sent to mediation and that went nowhere. The lady could see the whole conversation but then she said she could not asked me to screen print it and send it to her I have heard nothing in four daysfro

air bnb and have opened another help issue of whichtbey closed with no communication. The bottom line is that air bnb is telling me nothing can be change on the feedback at all ever by the guest.  The guest has been wonderful telling air bnb it was there fault what can he do to fix it can they help him etc  I know they have a way to delete an entire review as once I had a guest that did something similar and she called and they deleted it and it was a month after they filled out the review and feedback. Can some please give me advice. I am not going to let it drop.  I have great ratings and great feedback so why would all of a sudden I have nothing basically for guests no a/c  heating towels linen and the list is long.  Again the guest has been awesome and wants to hel fix it  advice please 

4 Replies 4
Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Sally450 , I am not sure where you think guests can see that specific review information but they cannot. Future guests looking at your listing will only see the public written review and your response to it (if you choose it leave one.) I do not even get that feedback information about sheets, linen, etc, so it's pretty useless feedback to me. 

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

@Sally450 I wonder if you are confusing the private feedback with the public review, it looks like in a couple of the responses to reviews that you are replying to things that have been written in private.  

I don't know if anything beyond the review is visible from the app, but from my desktop I all I see are the reviews, nothing about linens or anything like that.

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

I can tell you for sure, @Sally450 , that everyone here is right. No one can see those missing towels or missing linens complaints. Those are private. I get them, too. They appear only in the private section of the phone app for me. Sometimes it is not an accidental selection. Sometimes you will find that it is because the guest brought their own sleeping bag, so they tick the box that says they didn't get bedsheets, or they say the soap was missing because they didn't see it there in the soap dish, or they say they didn't get one towel per guest because they got four towels per guest. 

But no matter how annoying it is, it does not show up on your public listing. It is only there in your private feedback to drive you crazy 🙂

@Sally450  yes it is as everyone else says. Also this stuff is only on the mobile app so if you don't want to go crazy do as @Emilia42  does and never open it.  🙂  Every single one of these we have gotten was WRONG so I think the UI for guest interaction for this "feature" must have a loose screw.