Fake room advertised Downtown Toronto

Aisha4
Level 1
Ottawa, Canada

Fake room advertised Downtown Toronto

In may I booked an Airbnb while using their website for a condo listing on York street for the annual Caribana parade..

After booking my payment was immediately accepted and charged to my credit card.. yes the whole thing, there was no deposit

The host was really hard to reach but he answered one of my messages after I changed my dates and got a partial refund for the difference. 

Once I got to Toronto, found the condo building and room number, I was surprised to see two other girls staying comfortably in that unit I had signed up for. Through communicating with these girls I've found that they too have rented an Airbnb, but from a different host with a different phone number..but it was the exact same address! I have photos of their booking as well as mine

I obviously can't reach the proposed "host" and neither can I reach the team Airbnb 

How do I get my money back??

2 Replies 2

@Aisha4 - you need to contact Airbnb to discuss your options.  Go to the Tips and Tutorials Discussion Room and find the tutorial for all the ways you can contact Airbnb.  If you still have the profile and listing, flag both of those as a scam and use the "Report" button for the host.  

I haven't found anything.. and when I call their phone number it cuts off after a while of being on hold

I sent a ''money request'', in hopes that airbnb will get "involved"
so far no luck